Technology and Innovation Support Centers
Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISCs) provide innovators in developing countries with access to locally based, high quality technology information and related services, helping them to exploit their innovative potential and to create, protect, and manage their intellectual property rights.
WIPO promotes the establishment and development of TISCs under a Development Agenda project carried out in cooperation with national and regional industrial property offices.
Services offered by TISCs
- Access to online patent and non-patent (scientific and technical) resources and industrial property-related publications;
- Assistance in searching and retrieving technology information.
- Training in database search;
- On-demand searches (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement);
- Monitoring technology and competitors;
- Basic information on industrial property laws, management and strategy, and technology commercialization and marketing.
Accessing TISC services
Technology and innovation support services are available in different centers around the world. Some centers also offer services to innovators from abroad. The WIPO Directory of Technology and Innovation Support Centers provides detailed information on all TISCs including the services offered.