Applicants wishing to submit an international application on-line need a digital certificate.
Download PCT-SAFE Software
- PCT-SAFE Client (used to create the PCT request form, and in electronic filing also to attach application documents, digitally sign, package and transmit to the receiving office)
- PCT-SAFE Editor (PSE) (optional tool, used to prepare the application body (description, claims, abstract, drawings) in XML format)
Minimum system requirements:
- Computer processor: 600MHz
- Available hard disk space: 1GB
- RAM: 256 MB
- Internet connection (for the purposes of online transmission)
- Browser (for requesting/retrieving WIPO Customer Certification Authority digital certificate): Internet Explorer (recommended versions 7.0 and 8.0) or Mozilla Firefox (recommended versions 3.6 and higher)
- Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, from version 7.x, or other PDF viewer software
- CD-ROM drive (for CD installation)
- Floppy disk drive: 3 1/2 inch disk drive (for PCT-EASY request form data and abstract or, if accepted by the receiving Office, fully electronic applications)
- CD or DVD writer and software (for fully electronic PCT-SAFE applications filed on physical medium and for saving PCT-EASY request form data and abstract, if accepted by the RO).
The PCT-SAFE Client software will run on Microsoft Windows® XP/Vista/7. Please note, however, that the PCT-SAFE Editor is fully compatible only with Windows XP (up to SP 1).